Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Kitzmiller v. Dover begins at last

I won't try to provide coverage of Creationism Case version 3.1.0, Kitzmiller v. Dover, since other sites are compiling the events in a timely fashion. Besides, I'm not attending the case and I don't wish to seem like some kind of wingnut, ranting about something I haven't witnessed.

A colleague at work read an item in the Baltimore paper and mentioned it to me. He was a little surprised that such a thing would make it to the out-of-town papers; I replied that it's being reported in papers around the world--it even made it into Al-Jazeera back in March. It's big news, but I'll wager that relatively few people understand the ramifications of the outcome or the philosophies and motivations of the chief proponents of Intelligent Design Creationism.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home